Three students will receive cash awards in the amounts of $1000, $500 and $250.
First Place: $1000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $250
Contest is open to artists, designers and artisans who are: (1) 18 years of age or older; and (2) students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education at time of entry. US and international submissions are accepted.
You may submit work in the following categories: apparel, architecture, ceramics, collage, digital art, drawings and sketches, fiber art, furniture, glass art, graphic art and design, illustration, industrial design, interior design, jewelry, mixed media, packaging design, paintings, photography, pottery, prints, sculpture, toys and wood.
1. Submit a high quality photo or video of your finished work by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 31, 2016.
2. Submitted work must be made and designed by you, be original in design and execution, and may not violate any copyright laws. Your original work may be of any size and medium; however you must submit photo of the work as a .jpeg file and link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo.
3. Your work must be accurately described and include, your name, object name/title, year created, medium used, dimensions, and any other information you wish to submit. Briefly explain your work, your creative process, or tell a story behind the work.
4. Entries that contain content that is pornographic in nature, violent, lewd, or sexually explicit will be disqualified.
1. Once you have completed your work, upload a photo of your work to Purity. If you haven’t already, sign up for a student account here (it’s free and painless). Use a high quality photo or scan that is properly lit and in focus. If you would like to submit video of your work, please upload photo first, then add a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo only.
2. Tag your work FALL2016CONTEST. If you do not tag your work it will not be eligible for the contest.
3. Get the word out and promote yourself! Share a link to your work through social channels, share it with friends, family, schoolmates, co-workers, etc. Have them to vote for your work by using Facebook like button and to spread your message across their connections as well! It’s easy to share and you have the potential to reach a wide audience.
Selection of Winners and Prizes
Ten semifinalists will be determined by the largest number of Facebook likes their work receives.
Three finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by Purity, and their work will be judged on the following criteria:
Finalists will receive cash awards in the amounts of $1000, $500 and $250. Each award will be paid directly to the student.
Semifinalists and finalists will be announced on Purity.co and via email. Semifinalists will be announced on January 6, 2017 and finalists on January 31, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I submit more than one work?
Yes, there is no limit to the number of works you can submit.
Can I enter the contest and offer the work for sale at the same time?
Yes, you can offer the work for sale. Once your item is sold or is no longer available for sale please edit your listing and uncheck “Want to sell this?” Your work will remain on Purity for others to view but it will no longer be listed for sale. Make sure you do not delete the FALL2016CONTEST tag required for the contest.